Customer Satisfaction and Service Excellence skills are critical for employees within all industries. This proposed program will focus on building customer loyalty, the customer experience, and leadership to develop an engaged, service-oriented workforce. The goal of this curriculum is to equip participants with the skills and tools to achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction, and consistently deliver service excellence to complement their functional skills and knowledge. This course leverages best practices and industry expertise combined with thought leadership from academic institutions.
The emphasis of this Academy course will be on helping participants exceed customer expectations through consistently providing service excellence.
Session 1- Wednesday, June 10, 2015
5:00 – 7:00 PM
An Introduction to Service Excellence
• What is Brand?
• Explain how company strategy, positioning and core values drive customer service.
• Identify The Service Profit Chain and how it supports exceptional service.
• Describe the impact of customer demographics on service delivery
• Be able to uncover and meet true customer needs
• Identify the essentials of delivering exceptional service.
• Identify characteristics and behaviors of employees that promote service excellence
Instructor: Mona Bickler, Head of Talent Development, WESTMED Practice Partners
Session 2- Wednesday, June 17, 2015
5:00 – 7:00 PM
The Customer Experience
• Recognize how to meet the needs of different customer personas, using the “Platinum Rule”.
• Demonstrate the value of delivering exceptional service to internal and external customers.
• Identify the cycle of activities for an exceptional end to end customer experience.
• Determine what it takes to effectively communicate and actively listen when interacting with customers.
• Show how empathy and making personal connections leads to customers raving about their experience.
• Identify the concepts of “Service Netting” and “Service Recovery” to anticipate and resolve customer problems.
Instructor: Carol Heady, Instructor at Westchester Community College, author of Turning Rants Into Raves: Turn Your Customers On Before They Turn on You!
Session 3 - Wednesday, June 24, 2015
5:00 - 7:00 PM
• The Role of a Manager in Leading in a Culture of Service Excellence
• The Importance of the Internal Customer – Servicing Each Other
• Leadership Buy-in and Communication
• Industry Best Practices; Driving an Internal Service Initiative
• The 3 Rs – Recruitment, Recognition, Reinforcement
• Internal Promotion and Customer Service Activities
• Measuring Success
Instructors: Hospitality Resource Group, Inc.