|Con Edison’s Business Incentive Rate
|Energy Efficiency/ Demand Response; Transportation
|Businesses receiving economic incentives from the city, county, or state
|Varies by business & qualifying measures
The Con Edison Business Incentive Rate (BIR) is a program designed to encourage energy-efficient practices by offering reduced electricity rates to eligible businesses – commercial and industrial Com Edison customers – who implement energy-saving measures, including deploying a minimum 100kW publicly accessible aggregate electric vehicle (EV) charging capacity.
To qualify for the reduced energy rate through Con Edison, a business:
- May be located in an existing, previously unoccupied building OR a newly constructed building. A business may qualify if the building it occupies has been largely vacant for 12 consecutive months within the 24 months preceding the rate application – or – if the business occupies a new construction building that does not include additions or extensions to an existing structure.
- Must have implemented publicly accessible EV quick-charging station(s) with a minimum capacity of 100kW.
- Must be receiving a comprehensive package of economic incentives from state or local authorities, such as a substantial real property tax incentive from Westchester County.
- Not-for-Profit (NFP) entities specifically. In addition to the space and state/local support requirements above, a NFP must solely or predominantly use the space for biomedical research.
- Business Incubators specifically. Must be recognized as a business incubator by a government and/or receive funding from another entity with a mission that includes business development in Westchester County.
How the Program Works
If a business qualifies, the money saved through the Business Incentive Rate will be applied to the delivery portion of their electricity bill. On average, the electric rate delivery reduction ranges from 34% and 39%. The BIR may be received for up to 5, 10, or 15 years. The rate for electric vehicle quick charging stations is available through April 2025.
How to Apply
The application can be filled out here. The BIR must be applied to within 30 days of the business’s application for state and local tax incentives or energy rebates. Once completed and signed, send the application to Con Edison’s Economic Development Manager at email@example.com or mail it to:
511 Theodore Fremd Ave., Rye, NY, 10580
Please include appropriate documentation proving eligibility.