|Program Name:||Flexible Technical Assistance (FlexTech) Program|
|Program Sponsor:||NYSERDA (State)|
|Eligibility:||Commercial, Industrial, and Multifamily Facilities in New York State|
|Cost:||Part of the electric Systems Benefits Charge (SBC)|
|Deadline:||December 31, 2021|
FlexTech funds energy studies for commercial, industrial and multifamily facilities to evaluate the efficacy of adopting clean energy and sustainability measures.
The goal of the FlexTech program is to improve energy investment decisions for facility owners by sharing the cost of producing an objective, site-specific, and targeted study on how best to implement clean energy and/or energy efficiency technologies, reduce operation and maintenance costs, extend equipment life, and increase occupant comfort.
A FlexTech study can help determine:
- If a clean energy project is right for your facility;
- How to reduce energy bills;
- The payback on potential energy-related building upgrades; and
- How to develop a capital plan that includes clean energy components.
Commercial, industrial, and multifamily facilities in New York State are eligible if such facilities pay into the electric SBC, which is paid by Con-Edison customers in Westchester County.
Colleges and Universities that must be REV Campus Challenge Members.
How the Program Works
Customers have the option of selecting either a NYSERDA qualified FlexTech Consultant or an Independent Service Provider of their choosing to perform an approved FlexTech Study.
Eligible study areas can include:
- Energy efficiency technical analyses;
- Investigation of an advanced technology or system;
- Creation of a long-term energy plan;
- Investigation of deep energy savings;
- Investigation of clean heating and cooling systems, including air source heat pumps, ground source heat pumps, variable refrigerant flow, and solar heating and cooling; or
- Investigation of distributed energy resources.
Following the study and upon installation of recommended measures, NYSERDA will reimburse Flex Tech customers the lesser of the balance of eligible study costs, not to exceed 100% of the total qualifying study cost or installed measure costs.
Participants will need to fill out a Reimbursement Request Form along with proof of purchase of the installed measures. Requests are processed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
How to Apply
The application process includes the following two steps:
- Select either a NYSERDA qualified FlexTech consultant, or an Independent Service Provider, which will work with you to complete the energy study.
- Complete and submit a FlexTech application, along with the scope of work and budget to FlexTech@nyserda.ny.gov.
See NYSERDA Funding Opportunity Detail for additional information and associated documents.
Questions can be e-mailed to email@example.com.