|Scale for ClimateTech
|NYSERDA, NextCorps, and SecondMuse
|Information Sharing/ Technical Support; Consultants
|Companies and organizations that possess a climate tech product or innovation that supports decarbonization of the New York State economy
|This program is competitive but free to participate
|December 4, 2023 for the 2023-2023 Cohort
Scale For ClimateTech (S4C) is a NYSERDA-supported program administered by NextCorps and SecondMuse that offers support to hardware-focused cleantech startups. The program focuses on accelerating manufacturing, scaling production, and facilitating the growth of climate tech companies in alignment with New York’s CLCPA goals through selection of an annual Scale For ClimateTech Cohort.
“Innovator” companies and organizations that possess a climate tech product or innovation that supports decarbonization of the New York State economy may apply to be part of the next annual Cohort. The product or innovation and the company or organization must meet various eligibility criteria and submit required documents.
The program is particularly interested in innovators in the following high-emission sectors: Buildings, Transportation, Grid, and Industry.
Eligible innovators possess a climate tech product supporting decarbonization, a climate tech prototype with a hardware component, and operational plans benefiting New York State.
Financial resources exceeding $100,000, a Technology Readiness Level (TRL) of 4 or higher, and a committed team are required for participation. See the S4C website for a full list of eligibility requirements.
How the Program Works:
Scale For ClimateTech is a competitive, cohort-based program that involves a mix of virtual and in-person learning and self-paced instruction. 18-23 teams are selected for each annual cohort, though S4C’s services extend to both innovators and supply chain partners, fostering collaborations and partnerships within the climate tech sector. Services provided by S4C include:
- Innovator Services (for Cohort Members only):
- Technical support, one-on-one office hours, and connections to market intelligence.
- Educational workshops on various manufacturing aspects.
- Access to a supplier network, ecosystem partner tours, and strategic partnership opportunities.
- Innovator Services (open to all Innovators):
- Match-making services to the vetted supplier and manufacturer network.
- Free consultations and facilitated introductions for potential manufacturing agreements.
- Supply Chain Services (for Manufacturers and Suppliers):
- Services for manufacturers and suppliers opting into the manufacturing directory.
- Free consultations, marketing, and promotion within the climate tech community.
- Reimbursement for attending climate tech events to connect with potential customers and partners.
The program is competitive but free to participate, with no equity stake involved.
How to Apply:
Interested innovators can apply online for the 2023-2024 cohort until December 4, 2023.
All eligible applicants must participate in a Manufacturing 101 Bootcamp from January 23-26, 2024, before the Cohort is selected on February 5, 2024.
The same schedule is followed each year, with the Cohort application opening for the upcoming year on or around November 1st.
For more details and to apply, innovators can visit the official Scale For ClimateTech website.