Sustainability in business is not just about climate change. It’s about corporate social responsibility and institutionalized fairness. It’s about utilizing available resources with maximum efficiency and minimal waste. Most importantly, it’s about developing a long-term strategic business model for innovation, profitability and enduring success.
The WCA has partnered with Fordham University’s Gabelli School of Business to provide an on-line course in organizational sustainability for working professionals. The WCA’s goal is to train thought leaders with the necessary analytical tools to originate, market, and lead sustainability initiatives in a variety of professional contexts.
The program culminates in a personalized, actionable strategic plan for your organization big or small.
- Developing the Sustainable Mindset
- Global Managerial Challenges
- Conceptual Underpinnings: System, Organization, Individual
- Managerial Challenges and Solutions
- Leading Towards Sustainability: Case Studies
- Planning and Presentations
- Identify and understand global sustainability challenges
- Deepen the understanding of the complexity of sustainability challenges (system level/individual level/organizational level)
- Develop notions of leadership/management that are functional in the current global business context
- Learn from current organizational leaders on how these challenges can be addressed.
- Create the capacity to apply these insights to a company in the role as CEO
- Learn how to respond to high level stakeholders, including shareholders, and demonstrate how a leader can address those challenges.